Originally Posted by m_stevenson
My wife is rather slight, and she has had no issues with the grip safety, but that is good to know

From my experience, it's not a hand size problem. It's a lack of fleshy mass in the web of the thumb. In my "strong" hand, atrophy due to nerve damage has left me with little muscle there. My overall grip strength is about 90% of what it should be, which is quite good. I can make the EZ grip safety work if I pay close attention, but if my grip isn't perfect, I have failures. With the gun in my "weak" hand, I have no problem at all. I could work through that if I maintained a high level of training with the gun, but reality is that this is less likely the more I age. The assumed market with the EZ includes those whose hands are similarly compromised, and a large percentage of those that I see (especially aged) have similar loss of muscle mass in the web of the thumb - which will likely worsen with age. This is why I say S&W has missed the mark with the EZ. Great concept with good potential. Less than ideal execution. I found it to be otherwise easy to manipulate and shoot accurately.

As a note of comparison, I have zero problems with the grip safety on 1911's and the Springfield XD series.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.