Originally Posted by Judman
Let us know. Never looked through the liecas or the Swarovski pures. Wondering if double the price + will give ya double the viewing pleasure

I'll post a review, but an advance warning: I'm not very good at evaluating and comparing optical quality. My main technique is to go to a shopping mall and try to read license plates and signage at distance. It seems like a good imitation of an eye doctor's chart but for binos. If there is color fringing, it also tends to show on the edge of black letters on signs and license plates and such. I'll let you all know what I think. The Lecias were about $2700, as I recall. I'll be a little pissed if the Meopta's are better at $1500.00! cry

Footnote: I have a new pair of Leica 8 x 42 Noctivids which I've heard are neck-and-neck with the other Alpha's at the top price-point (Ziess and Swaro). I've noticed I prefer the image of the 8 x 42 Noctivids to the 12 x 50 Lecia Ultravids. The Noctivids have an image quality (depth of field I think they call it) that is very pleasing. Hard to describe without seeing it, but I'm sure Zeiss and Swaros give the same effect. But it comes at a price: the Noctivid glass is all Schott and they are pricey as are the other Alpha's.

Last edited by Tarquin; 11/27/22.

Tarquin