Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by renegade50
But 1st I need to go to wally world and get some cover scent for tomorrow.

Believe it or not, I've had good luck with those White Acorn scent wafers sold by Hunter's Specialties.
Need something.
Haven't used scent in maybe 10 yrs.
Need to cover my scent when deer come thru about about a 50 yard oblong patch of 6 to 10 ft Buffalo cane( bamboo like stuff) before they hit the hardwoods I'm sitting on.
They come thru the cane back and forth between a big duck hunting club and this Wma.

South wind predicted tomorrow concerns me.
These deer been educated by a schit ton of hunters coming in from the west and south corner all year.

I'm waaayyy deep back in the NE corner by the Cumberland
The escape route they been doing all season.

Need the physiological advantage of having my scent at least covered for x amount of time if they hold up in that cane thinking something might be up before they hit the open hardwoods on the way to cedars.

Slumlord been in the place with me yrs ago.

He has a good idea of what is happening also.

Sell a gun and get an Ozonics. You need one in those woods. Freak8ng wind kicking back and forth for a hundred yards every few minutes. No tell8ng the bucks that have dodged us over the years.

The problem is I can't get on the north side/ outside of all these converging trails systems on the outside of the L Shaped woodline that is on this land that leads to the duck hunt club.
Because it is the Cumberland river bank and sitting right on top of the Buffalo cane.
I can get on the south side/ inside of the L.
And have 40 to 50 yds of stand off from the cane and see the cedars about 75 yds away and watch the hardwoods bottoms out to 125 150 yards.

All I need is a shooting lane and 3 to 5 secs to get the crosshairs on him.

I seen this buck twice this morning around 0930 after I got up from my 1st spot around 9.

Here was out eating bush hugged new green growth north of the flooded corn fields on the duck hunt club.
About 325 350 yds out.
Went into the flooded corn for awhile.
Then came back out into the field about 45 mins later.

Did a little light poking around for sign.
Converging trails.
Rubs
His fresh track were he came off the wma and went out into the field.
All within 50 to 75 yds of my stand spot tree I put a glow tack on.