Originally Posted by EdM
I know nothing about newer M70's. LGS has a BACO marked stainless Featherweight 7mm-08 in mint condition with a 2.5-10 X 42 Nikon Monarch scope in Talley LW mounts. They are asking $1k for it. Thoughts?

A kind of top heavy combo. I bought the same exact scope for $125 at a gunshow and ran it on a BACO 300WSM. It was alright, but a little cumbersome out in the field: I eventually sold the scope and got rid of the rifle. Just didn't care for either one of them. So, just off the top of my head, the scope has no support from Nikon anymore, regardless of what some guys think, so what is that worth?: Probably $200? The rifle is probably worth $700 to someone like me, but may sell for upwards of $900 to someone else.. Check the bore really well. Some of the BACO's were copper foulers. Just a warning. You will likely get by with the factory bedding if you don't mind 1 1/2" groups. Those can be tightened up with a proper bedding job. Take that for what you think it's worth.. I'd have to add that it seems like you have good taste in rifles. If it caught your eye, then it is probably nice. It may even bring $1,000.00+ (rifle only) on places like gunbroker. If it's speaking to you, grab it man...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA