So is it 3 or 10 shots today?

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jwp475
I use the same scope that I am going to mount on the rifle and hunt with.

I do to, but it's nice to be able to run a "proven" scope on a new rifle. That way, if there happens to be a problem or something looks weird, you know the scope is not the issue. However, with that being said: I have bought a new/used scope and put it on a new/used rifle and everything went well, luckily!!! Recently I bought a used Burris FFII 3-9x40 (American made) with ballistic plex reticle and things went wonky right away. I knew it was the scope because the rifle was rock solid. Sent the scope in with a note, saying I really wanted the American made FFII back, if at all possible. They sent it back quickly, saying they had to put in some shims??? Tested it and it works well. I don't use a different scope to test loads. I'll run what I brung. It wouldn't be on the rifle if it were not good enough to shoot groups and also hunt with. The Burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle is a great example of a scope that works very well for both applications, out to a meager 4-500 yards of course.. Prove it, ok:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I know, some of you guys get your jollies off of seeing fur on the ground:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And no, you don't need a 36x scope for developing loads.. See pic above. ^^^