Originally Posted by killerv
I just went the bergara route for the first time. Wanted a factory threaded 708 rifle for my new can. A threaded tikka 708 is like finding a unicorn, and I've read its iffy to have their lite barrels threaded to 5/4. The veil widelands sure is a good looking rifle, but just felt to cheap for a 1200 dollar gun...and not gonna spend 300 plus on a stock on an already "budget" gun. Anyway, ran across a lnib ridge rifle in 708, joker had even bought a magazine kit for it and left the original bottom metal in box. I figured for 700 bucks its worth a try. Much more solid feeling gun than the tikka. My main rifle has been a model 7 in 708 for several years so its an adjustment weight wise. Dont get me wrong, I love a tikka and know they shoot, I have two of the t1xs.
I ran across a Bergara Ridge and Scope combo I couldn't leave on the used rack. It has the oversized bolt handle and a dark gray looking stock. The barrel is threaded too. Its kinda chunky but not terribly balanced . The trigger imo is better than a Remington. The overall fit and finish looks better to my eyes also than any newer Remington I've had.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]