Originally Posted by Teal
I see they make one with an additional 45ACP cylinder.

For those that have them - how often are you shooting that ACP cylinder vice Colt?

I have a stainless Ruger Bisley convertible. I enjoy the convertible option.

Often when I go to shoot the gun, I am looking for the experience of it--the size, the weight, dragging hammers with my thumbs, etc. It's not so much about how much oomph behind the bullet. With that in mind, the .45 ACP is nice, because I run that cartridge on my Dillon have a bunch of it. I have to single-stage the .45 Colt stuff, and of course, that takes time. There is no discernible difference in recoil between light 250 gr Colt loads vs high book 230gr ACP loads.

Sometimes, however, I want stiffer loads, which means .45 Colt. I shoot various loads from John Linebaugh and the "strong action only" section of my load manuals. That's fun too. I even toted my .45 Colt for elk one year. I didn't shoot one, but it added another dimension of fun to hunting.

I mainly shoot .45 ACP at the range, but am very glad to have the .45 Colt option as well. I find that the convertible was an excellent choice for my needs.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.