I have both the original large/standard frame .45 Convertible:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

as well as the newer Flattop medium frame .45 Convertible:

I have found that now that I have both, I tend to use the medium frame Flattop more, due to its smaller size and general handling characteristics. It makes a great field gun in .45 ACP, and using 1911 mags works quite slick for speed loaders for the gun.

When I use the .45 Colt cylinder, I tend to shoot my 270 grain wide nose Keith Semi Wadcutter, that clocks out at 900 FPS from the 4 & 5/8ths " barrel. That seems to be plenty big enough to handle anything I am going to run into, so I rarely run them any hotter, in spite of the gun being capable of handling hotter loads.

Some of our members here have shot some hogs as well as Whitetail deer with that load and have commented on the effectiveness of it, so it seems to be doing what it was designed to do.

The Flattops are fairly close in size to an SAA, and they have a very nice balance to them. The shorter barrel version, like the one shown above is especially nice. It is one that I tend to grab any time I want to shoot and pack a single action.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com