Originally Posted by JeffA
When we were kids there was a rank little Corgi that lived down the block.
He always laid in the middle of his front yard and run and bark his ass off every time we'd pass by on our bikes.

He'd just run to the edge of his yard then stand there and bark, the spot he laid in was worn down to just a patch of dirt.

The people that lived in Corgi's house were a couple of broke dick old farts that were always in their Florida room in the back of their house with their TV blaring so loud you could hear it from the middle of the road.

Between their TV and the barking dog it was more than annoying, he was relentless.

[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

I got tired of his schit and stopped one day, got off my bike and approached him, I didn’t know if he'd bite or not but the closer I got he started wagging his tail and I'd never seen him wag his tail before.
I crouched down and reached right in on him and scratched his head, he didn't bite and he kept barking but his tail went ballistic.

This got to be our routine, I'd stop and scratch his head and pet him and eventually he stopped barking as I'd pass by, he'd just come to the edge of the road and I'd pet him and he'd wag his tail.

After a couple years of Corgi started chunkin' up, he looked kinda goofy with those little stumpy legs under his ballooning out obeist body but he still managed to run....and bark at everyone but me.

We both grew older.

I got my first car and parked my bike, I'd drive by Corgi's and he'd run to the edge of the road, I'd roll down my window and speak to him, he'd wag his tail a little then I'd drive off.

I'd always watch in my mirror to be sure he didn’t chase me, he never did, he'd just drop his head and waddle his fat butt back to his dirt spot in the middle of his yard with his tail between his little stumpy legs.

The only times I'd ever seen him really happy was when I'd scratch his head and pet him, I was gonna have to stop and pet him again.

I had a couple other kids in the car one day as we were passing by Corgi's place, we were heading to the beach, I stopped and decided I'd pet Corgi.
As soon as I opened my door Corgi left his yard for the first time ever and jumped into my car, he refused to get out.

He was all over everybody in the car, licking their faces and beating everyone with his ballistic tail wagging.
I decided, screw it, I slammed my door and sped off, we dognapped Corgi and took him to the beach.

This dog had a blast, he ran up and down the beach barking at everyone he saw. He barked at the waves and then bite at them as they rolled up onto the beach. He went swimming, it was amazing he could swim with his little legs and obeist body.

He acted like he'd never been allowed to go anywhere or do anything, he had a great day.

[Linked Image from pawbuzz.com]

I took him back to his house but stopped short a house away so nobody would see me drop him off.
He jumped out of the car and ran back to his house..

As I passed by leaving I saw him laying in the middle of his yard on his dirt spot, ears up and wagging his tail.

This got to be routine, every time we'd head out we'd stop and dognap Corgi, maybe two or three times a week. This went on for a couple of years. Corgi became a total outlaw.

Eventually Corgi started going on overnight trips with us.
We'd camp on undeveloped beach land where we'd build bonfires and raise hell all night.

That's when we found out Corgi had a drinking problem.

[Linked Image from photos.bringfido.com]

Corgi could drink as much beer we could and he was a sloppy drunk.
Those little short legs didn't work so well after a couple beers.
He'd get up and try to walk and just make it a few feet then do a face plant in the sand.

We'd try to sober him up by seeing how many hotdogs and marshmallows he could eat, Corgi could hold his own, he never puked, not once.

He'd always just fall asleep, upside down beside who ever would rub his belly.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Never heard anything out of his owners, don't know if they ever even noticed he was missing on occasion.
I think he just stayed out in his front yard to get away from their extra loud TV.

We never even knew his real name, he seemed fine with us calling him Corgi. We were just goofy kids doing what goofy kids do.
I do know for a fact that Corgi was a pretty happy dog through those years. If I had time to stop or not when I'd pass by his ears were always up with his tail wagging like crazy.
Those pictures are precious! And are a pretty good reflection of my daughter's Corgi - he flies like superman when he leaps over things and also sleeps on his back just like that.