Originally Posted by CRS
grin
1:8 twist barrels is at the smith's right now getting turned into a 270WCF. Hope to get it back in the next couple of months. Have some 160gr NP's, 170gr BT's and 180gr Woodleigh's on the shelf. Would like to find some 170gr Berger's and 150gr TSX's..

For the 160 NP, IMR7977 works great for one 270 I have a load for (Yeah I know, fat lotta good that does with the discontinuation of the Enduron powders). I have killed three elk with that load, two of them through both shoulders of rag horn bulls at 50-60 yds. On both occasions the bulls turned and ran towards me and I shot them again, and did catch one bullet in the opposite quarter.

Also the 160 NP shot flatter than the ballistic calculators predicted. Based on my shooting out to 400 yds I speculate the advertised BC may be conservative.

Interestingly, IMR7977 wasn't worth a hoot with 150g NP's in two of my 270's--slightly slower than H4831 and not as accurate.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.