Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
What do you think Teal?

We had already gone over the cliff by your estimation a few months ago.....where are we now?

I don't know - were it not for bars/restaurants - today's jobs numbers would have been murder.

I wish I did know. I just know what I'm seeing in transportation and we tend to see recession and recovery before the greater populace feels it.

Rates are down, carriers closing shop and those that are open, are literally begging me for work in some of their emails. It's not good. Retail transportation usually sees a bump for holiday. In the old days, large carriers like SNI would lose money in the first 8 months of the year and make enough in the last 4 to be profitable overall for the year. Last 4 months of this year - ain't happening like that, volume wise.

2 separate and large LTL companies looking to furlough drivers over holidays. That's rare and LTL is usually very exposed to mfg and holiday freight this time of year.

Everyone saw what was going on in Covid years and assumed that would continue forever. Dumb/stupid. It stopping combined with Dem leadership means beans and bread only for the next 18-24 months.

Me