Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm really disappointed in RO.

Guess I ought to be more disappointed in my belief that he was a stand up guy.

It's really pretty sad when you think about it.

This is how I feel about it too.

But I have to say, this is by far the longest running, believable scam, in campfire history. (that I'm aware of)

With the amount of written detail and the pics that went along with his posts, from hunting to trail cam pics to farm work to cabins to old plows etc., I always thought, man this guys living the dream in some of the most beautiful whitetail habitat in the country! Too bad it was just a dream world. I did raise my eyebrow's on the sheer quantity of well above average bucks they shot in that same general area but ultimately I was reeled in too.

RO, you have a talent for deception....

Now FOAD.

I've been absent in recent years and I'm not now nor never have i been attentively aware of any poster's "stats". When I think of roundoak I think of a guy that had some cool wood burning stoves, lived a rural existence and chimed in on firewood and chainsaw topics. I guess I completely missed the habitual big buck stories.

I think there's some truth to the guy's existence and lifestyle, interests, skills etc. I don't think he's a sock puppet, i think he's a real guy, mostly or hopefully partly accurately portrayed here. But, obviously he had got himself caught up in the fanfare and he just couldn't stop.
Maybe he's over the hill and not as capable as he once was (im not) and he began supplementing his online interactions with a sprinkle of..... nurr. The manure got deeper and deeper, he got careless with redundancies and repetition in his story telling, and careless with his photo harvesting.

You may be right. I looked back at some PM's and he definitely seemed very genuine. But we'll probably never know unless he comes on here and explains himself.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...