Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by Grouse870
I have recently moved to Arizona and have discovered after this deer season I need some new equipment. One of the things I need is a tripod for glassing with binos and for shooting. The two I am looking at are the primos gen 3 trigger sticks and the bog pod death grip. I know I’ll have to get different attachments for binos, etc. Or are there other options in the 200 ish range? Thank you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have used the original trigger stix. IIRC they lasted about two or three hunts, and are my least favorite.

The Bog Pod, tripod (pictured above with the pink wrap) has both a rifle rest and a ball head for a camera/spotting scope/binocular mount and is light and can be set up quickly.

I use that particularly when weight is a consideration. Also, it can be used when standing.

The Bog Pod Death Grip is a stable platform for your rifle if you have the time to set up. Weight, even with the carbon fiber version is a factor if you are spotting and stalking or have to walk for an extended distance. I am not particularly fond of using this with a MSR with an extended magazine, due to point of balance. I do not think that the grip opens up wide enough for a set of binocs.

I hunt from elevated blinds or ground blinds and set my rifle in the death grip at a particular point of aim.

A tripod with an Arca swill Ball head will work on an MSR with different attachments,

camera and binocular mounts,

but even with a carbon fiber tripod, weight can be a factor.

ya!

GWB

This Snap Zoom binoc rest is what I use for glassing and to shoot from. I rest my rifle forearm on it and steady with one hand. All you need.
Best binoc platform I’ve ever had.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill