Originally Posted by 99guy
What any of this has to do with 99's I'm not certain, but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

We are becoming a specialized species that depend on each other for survival. Unlike our forefathers who were much more independent and self-sufficient.

That being said, old people have been whining and complaining about the younger generation as long as mankind's written and oral history. I'm trying not to fall into the same trap. I can just about guarantee you my great grandfather's generation thought my grandfather's generation was not going to amount to much. I can remember being a young whippersnapper and listening to old people complain endlessly about the government and the younger generation of sluts, hippies and pot heads (us).

Time marches on, things change, some for the better some for the worse. The human species will likely still be here in one form or another 1,000 years from now. It will be as different a civilization then as it was 1,000 years ago. And old people will still be complaining about that generation's government and the sluts and the hippies and the pot heads. None of it will matter to any of us or our 5x great grandchildren. I am going to enjoy what time I have left

If humans had been inbred for a few thousand years and had nuclear weapons 1000 years ago, we wouldn't be here now, IMO.

LOL