Grifs need to have a job....their mind is most always going and are not just a couch dog. I believe their nose is second to none. They are opinionated and ours will squint at you to let you know she doesn't agree with you. They have an excellent build and stature as well as strength. Really investigate your breeder....we did and were still really screwed by him. He's in Choteau, MT by the way. As far as a Lab, I have owned and trained four. The Labs I buy are not your typical Modern "American" Labs.....which means that they are not "Collar" dogs. I don't use the collar as I have not been trained in it's use and am not a professional trainer. My dog now is 5 years old and very athletic build at about 65#. Very "Kind" and "Cognitive" eyes, is soft but eager, is a listener. I was told by a man, that made his living with Labradors since the late 1940's, the best training opportunities come about while hunting and you need to seize the moment. He believed that this was where most people goof up. I agree-you absolutely need to take the time to train to the situation while hunting. This really helps strengthen you relationship and finishes your dog. THe photo is my dog, Buddy, a couple weeks ago. .....he's watching birds working as I screw around for a photo. We also do a lot of Grouse and Pheasant hunting .

Attached Images
IMG_1829.jpg (19.89 KB, 171 downloads)
Last edited by mauserfan; 12/02/22.

RAVENS & WOLVES