Way back in 1962, when most of you were in your 30's (grin) Aston Martin was trying to beat Ferarri. They weren't having much luck, so they sent 19 cars to Italian coachbuilder Zagato for custom bodies and overall lightening. As the story goes, Zagato took almost 100 lbs out of the car. They built 19 aluminum bodies and 17 cars.

They never did beat Ferarri, but they built one of the most beautiful cars ever.

Sotheby's auctions figured this one would go for $17M. It sold for a measly $14M to the guy that started and owns Weathertech Floormats. He sent it off to a premier resto shop and had a frame off resto done.

Dad did the interior the first time in 2017 before the owner took it to England for a rally race. The second time Dad did it was for it's trip to Pebble Beach in 2019.

It ended up winning it's class (Zagato Centenial Post War), an Elegance Trophy and was one of four cars nominated for best in show. Apparently, it's pretty rare for a post war car to even be in the running. It certainly looks out of place with the Bentley.

Here are pics from the first time Dad did the interior. He was pretty nervous having a $14M car in there.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The second time Dad did it, it showed up like this.

What it was up against

The win

And the final four.

Last edited by Higginez; 12/04/22.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.