Originally Posted by KC
I own both; Kenetrek "Hardscrabble" and Crispi "Colorado GTX". Both are real good boots. I think that the Crispi might be slightly lighter weight, so they have become my "go to" boots.

The Crispi has Vibram soles and the Kenetrek has what looks like a knockoff of the Vibram sole. So they are both good when rock hopping.

There is some synthetic material and lots of seams on the Crispis. I think that's why it weighs less. The Kenetrek has an all leather body and very few seams. So I think they may last longer. Trade-offs.

Both have a full rubber rand. The Crispi has a Gortex liner and the Kenetrek has a "Windtek" liner, which I guess is a knockoff of Gortex. The water resistance is real good in both. But both breathe pretty well, specially when you consider how water resistant they are. I have never had any sweating or blisters with either pair.

Both have good ankle support.

I've used both with gaiters, walking in snow and standing around in snow. And both are warm enough when wearing Smartwool socks that my toes don't get cold.

You can't go wrong buying either one, but both are expensive. I think they are worth the money if you are going to do a lot of off-trail hiking/climbing. If you are going to do most of your hiking on trails, etc., then you don't need to spend this much money for boots.

This post mirrors my own feelings EXACTLY.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.