I heard some comments from Lathrop where one of the sons said that some people have a foot geometry/angle that requires a wide boot even if they don't have a wide foot. It was in one of their videos or a podcast, I don't remember.

Anyway, that seems to be my situation. In general, I've had to buy wide sizes even though I don't think that my feet are technically that wide. The worst being motocross boots where I generally use an 11.5 Wide hiking/hunting boot but have had to wear size 13 for motocross boots. Seems that many motocross boots are made by Italian companies and they run narrow for me.

KEEN boots seem to have a wide enough toe box that I sometimes don't need a wide size. Same with Kennetrek. Some Hanwag and Salomon are painfully narrow though. ASICS running shoes can be OK, but I tend to get New Balance in a wide size.

Not a boot, but I have been super happy with Topo trail runners. Wide toe box, good cushion and fit. I tried Altra but the fit was too sloppy for me. I did my scouting and weighted pack training with those Topo trail runners and was very pleased.

Anyway, I went to the local Sierra store to see if they had any of the ASOLO boots. Looked like the Goodwill with hodge podge selection! I'd be willing to order some, but they all seem to be listed as Medium online.