Originally Posted by tzone
Have a big project at work. Pouring 100-200 yards of every few days, through winter.

Concrete company informed us we may not be able to do that much longer. We used to be able to order a week in advance and have trucks on site. We're no longer guaranteed to get mix until 24 hrs prior to the pours. That really throws a wrench in to a guys project schedule.

I'm calling BS on it and don't think they have the labor to get it to us. They say its because the Mississippi is low and they barges can't get in and the a lot of the cement comes from Russia and China. The origin of the cement has been known for decades. I thought the river deal was coming to and end but maybe not?

Perhaps…. Here in Colorado there is a dam project that has priority on both trucks and concrete. Concrete contractors not associated with that project report that they cannot get their deliveries due to “lack of powder”…..ie, a shortage of cement. I had a small 23 yard pour get held up for weeks as the small contractor “could not get a place in line.”

All in all, it seems that by October, everybody finally got their mix and all the smaller contractors got mix needed for houses, apartments and smaller odd jobs. They did have delays and a few issues keeping their crews busy, but as far as I know everybody got pours done.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”