I have a 1990's vintage Tasco 8x32x50 FCH scope. Don't laugh, it's always held zero and zooms properly, parallax is spot-on, the knobs track, it's never fogged. But.... and with Tasco you know there's one, the CROSSHAIR is not plumb with the turrets.
I bought a replacement, a Holland second plane scope, which is really nice kit. So the Tasco went down the food chain, not the trash can, but the "not plumb" issue remains.
So, has anyone taken one of these Tascos apart on the back end (eyepiece) and been able to "square" the reticle? I have access to inert gas, both nitrogen and argon, so that won't be an issue. I only spent 150 bucks on this thing, it's given good service, but with a crooked reticle, it's too much of a Kentucky windage deal for me now. I have better glass and have really gotten to like the idea of taking clicks not just for range, but wind.
I just want to know if it's "impossible" to square things up. I'd rather not wreck it for no reason. If "possible," I'd like to try. Thanks,
Dave Skinner

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.