Originally Posted by cotis
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Should be a sticky.

It is! At the top of every page on 24hcf RickBin has instructions on how to post secure photos within his server space. The only hassle I run into with his method is occassionally the images are larger than his 2.5mb limit. This becomes annoying to edit/scale/crop images then. It should be an automatic feature. I know it can be done, we do it on the website I run at work when surgeons upload x-rays - upscale or downscale depending on what we need.

Most photo editors like paint.net allow for saving as and adjusting/reducing the resolution to reduce the file size. That is different from cropping or scaling. It is still extra effort required however. Can't fault Rick for limiting file sizes though and 2.5 mb is plenty for good image resolution.

None of that is an issue however if using an image host like postimages or imgur along with the img tags and url link to the hosted image.

There is another way to attach images to the post that has a very low limit of 100k which pre-dates the 24hourcampfire image gallery . Some folks get hung up on or confused by that thinking it's the only way to attach images and they give up.