Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by GeorgeLa
The donor, Mike Schultz, is rumored to have made some backroom land swaps involving the Henefer Echo Wildlife Management Unit owned by the state and his adjacent Sawmill Ranch that benefited his ranch and screwed Utah hunters.

IF that is the case, I highly suspect SFW is involved somehow, as that seems like the kind of thing they’d be a part of.
I don’t trust them, at all. They put on a good show, helping wildlife and hunting as a sport in general, but they’re a snake in the grass.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by GeorgeLa
The donor, Mike Schultz, is rumored to have made some backroom land swaps involving the Henefer Echo Wildlife Management Unit owned by the state and his adjacent Sawmill Ranch that benefited his ranch and screwed Utah hunters.

IF that is the case, I highly suspect SFW is involved somehow, as that seems like the kind of thing they’d be a part of.
I don’t trust them, at all. They put on a good show, helping wildlife and hunting as a sport in general, but they’re a snake in the grass.

I need to dig for more details. But yeah, Utah DNR surely was involved. And the state legislature as well. Convenient that Mike Schultz is a fairly large land developer AND a state legislator.

Lots of questionable stuff the legislature has done in the name of wildlife. Combining public land into Consolidated Wildlife Management Units (which allows the private landowner to set his own seasons) and screwing hunters out of access to public lands is a big one.