Great thread and some excellent pics...They were all favorites and some naturally were better than others.

Duffy showed up before I realized how stupid I was not to take pics....and I think photo bucket has a few in captivity. However Duffy a Springer was special. Yesterday a long time Bud and I were talking and he mentioned we killed a lot of Grouse over that Dog. It most likely was around 300 and likely flushed 10x that many. Thousand of Doves came back in his grasp. A brother out of his litter won the English Springer National Championship. He was smoking hot, and if he snapped his head around...it was wise to set your feet.

His last two Birds at 12....He was going to pick up the first he flushed, snapped right and the second one came up. An endearing trait was after he got spurred once, you never had to wring a Bird. It was one neat bite and he handed you a dead Bird.

A Groundhog also got him good on his first encounter. He never lost another and you had to watch him when you let him out. At odd times he would run off into the back woods and hunt them on his own. Would come back with one and be covered with dirt and his nails sore. I can only think he was going underground and bringing them out.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by battue; 12/08/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler