My last 4 dogs have all been pretty special in their own way. Ol' Tank the yellow lab was a great waterfowl dog and best friend to my son as he grew up. He was one year younger than my boy and was a big part of his childhood. He died in my arms at 14 years old.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Duke the springer was a holy terror on birds. He rarely missed a bird and would have hunted until he died if you let him. He was also a one man dog and didn't really care about anyone but me. He ended up with a total loss of bladder control and had to be put down.

Koli was my heyday dog. He retrieved thousands of birds in his life. I had the time and the access to hunt and he was on birds a minimum of 2 times a week for the whole season. Some of his waterfowl hunts would have him retrieving nearly a hundred birds in a morning. He loved the hunt and knew his job like no other dog I've had. He had a tumor on his spleen burst at 9 years of age and had to be put down.

Mikey is the grandson of Koli and is a great dog. He is very meticulous and has an outstanding nose. I no longer live in bird heaven, so he hasn't seen anywhere near the birds his grandsire did, but he's a great dog in his own right. He's also the most spoiled animal I've ever been around. If he could talk, he'd likely tell you that he's human.