We dabbled in that issue 7 months ago with my 85 yo mother. We've had her at our place in an in-law apartment we built with a caregiver that spent 6 hours a day with her. Her health had deteriorated, and we thought it was time to put her in a home. We found the best home we could, and it still sucked. There's no comparison between individual care and group care. I kept her there one week and then moved her back home with additional caregiver coverage. She had been there a week and was never bathed, had fallen, messed up meds etc. etc.

We've gone through all the caregiver trials and tribulations too. Lying, cheating, theft etc. etc. We lucked upon a friend of a friend that was available and that made all the difference, but that one person's resources and availability are limited. We eventually lucked out with supplementing with an agency that has 3 wonderful ladies from Zimbabwe that provide supplemental to our original caregiver. What a difference!! All 3 of the Zim ladies are intelligent, great conversationalists and a joy to have at our dinner table each evening. We truly consider them family and fully expect to stay friends with them after my mom passes.

My mom has always been a wonderful lady that deserves the blessings of our maker. When I needed an angel to help with her care, I was blessed with 3 new ones.