Around 25 years ago I arrived a couple days early at hunting camp to guide rifle hunters in northern NM. Jim Carmichel and two of his competitive shooting buddies were there, all three had already killed their elk and were waiting before heading out for their flight. I got to talk to Jim and his friends and pick their brains a bit. I had already been told in the past that Carmichel had this almost unreasonable dislike of the 270 (my fav) so I pretty much let that dog lie. But one of the things I learned was he did help design the Remington Classic stock, and mentioned he had several of the unlimited Classics and hunted with them. I did learn some things about how and why certain stocks fit in certain ways and applications.

Jim had always given me the impression in his writings that he was more of a shooter, and wing shooter, than a big game hunter. A few of the misconceptions he had about elk and elk hunting still surprised me anyway. He was quite personable towards me and others and I am glad to have met him.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.