I couldn't resist the hype so I ordered a Kilo6K from Cameraland.

I've got a couple of days looking it over now.

The good;
It's optically better than what I expected. Edge softness Ocab highlighted isn't noticeable to be bothersome. On an optic like this, I'm generally looking out the center anyway.

In it's main function; delivering a range reliably, it's very good. I haven't shaken it down rigorously yet, but I'm getting ranges of 2700+ yards on buildings, and 1800 yards on greenery (shrubs and trees). Game ranges are next. As touted earlier, it shoots through windshields!

The Kilo6K talks to multiple devices such as my phone, kestrels and Sig scopes to yield firing solutions. It's going to take some playing to shake this aspect of it down. But the Kilo6K seems hugely capable.

Price was very good from CLNY. Doug's people took good care of me. except...

The not so good;
I THINK I GOT AN OPEN BOX OR SALESREP DEMO. Battery was out of the wrap and rolling around in the box (and showed 1/4 capacity). Battery compartment edges were chipped. I thought the 1/4"x20 Tripod plug was missing until I found it rolling around the box as well.
Funny thing was the seals were intact (though they are peelable so who knows?)

I called SigSauer CS about it and at the same time got a manufacture date (12/21). CS Rep says everything points to open box, or sales rep sample.

Another early impression is this thing eats batteries. I replaced the CR2 with a new one and after a day of shaking it down, it's at 1/2 capacity. That's surprising.

The SigSauer infamous blue tinge is there. We'll see how that color temp affects game spotting.

This is not a "grab and go" tool like a conventional range finder would be (press a button and Bam!). I had to spend a bit of time with the manual to make sense of the settings and abbreviations. SigSauer says they designed the settings and menu to be easy to maneuver through and I guess once you know the code it's ok. But it will take a bit of reprogramming my brain to use it.

Last edited by ChrisF; 12/28/22.