Something that may be helpful to everyone who's snatched up any of these S35VN Blades.

I got one early last year and used hell out of it for almost a year now. Each and every time I was finished I got out the Lansky block with the grey sticks in the 20 degree holes. I pull the blade through once and only once full length, moderate pressure on each side.

So far it has left me with that wonderful, toothy, razor sharp edge that it came with and I think is just a characteristic of S35VN. The second one that I've only had for a couple months but in that time it has also seen very heavy use. Same routine, one pass and one pass only 20 degrees and it is back to that toothy edge that is so perfect for cleaning quarters of membrane and clots and makes it slice like a banshee.

I've never had a knife before that was such an easy keeper. I have never had S35VN before though either. I haven't tried carving rocks with either one yet, but both have been used heavily enough that they became noticeable less sharp, Both knives react identically. One is a slightly longer version of the Michigan slim, the larger one is about twice the cutting length of a Slim blade and more like a conventional boning knife.

I have a slim ordered with Tim, and from as handy as my slightly larger Slim is all these new orders for Slims are going to make a lot of people very happy, myself, not least.