My wife and I decided to take each one of our kids on a trip of their choosing right before they graduate. My son, being an avid photographer, is choosing Alaska for a multi-day photography trip, with the hope of capturing beautiful scenery and if possible, animals.

Here is where we are leaning - fly in to Fairbanks, rent a jeep/roof-top tent combo, and hit the road towards Denali National Park (we like the Parks...)

Few things:
- I have been out west a few times, but never to AK
- We are both in shape, but not looking to go crazy back country
- We will have quite a bit of gear - lenses, etc (hence staying in the jeep)

We can basically go any time in July. I am thinking towards the end of July, but thought I would inquire here. I realize the park will be more busy, but we are ok with that. He is in cross country that starts up in August.

This is what we figure for picture taking - driving the highway, cruising through the park (animals), short hikes from the jeep, guided night tour of northern lights (if weather permits), maybe a half day of fly-fishing (guided), etc. I am open to suggestions here also.

So- I guess I don't have any specific questions right off the bat, but thought I would just get a general idea from anyone that may have some suggestions, recommendations, "stay away from's", etc. Places to camp along the way, in the Park, etc - would also help.

He is a good kid, and we are looking forward to this trip. If anyone is curious, you can check out his website he created.... https://www.joeyjolin.com/

Thanks in advance,

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com