Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’m pretty sure Walmarks’ theft policy is pay no attention to non whites. I was leaving through the exit scanner right behind a group of 4 Hispanics. The scanner beeped . The old white lady door greeter immediately stops me and paid no attention to anyone else. A Hispanic employee pointed out what happened and she turned around to go back to her post.

On another day, a door greeter told me they don’t check anyones personal bags whatsoever leaving the store. So you can wear an empty backpack in, fill up with merchandise, and likely leave without a search from the door guards. LOL
I actually witnessed a darker fellow doing this and pointed it out to the door greeters . They apologized to me and told me their policy. LOL

Clown world

I was a management intern for Wally World during my college days, many years ago. Hourly employees were NOT allowed to stop or question potential thieves (this might have been pre-door scanner days; I can't remember). A manager or security had to personally witness the attempted theft in order to do anything about it. No clue what policy is now, but what you describe does not surprise me in the least.