Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by SuperCub
The more I use a 760, the more I realize how overrated they truly are.

LOL .... Those who like the 760/7600s really do like them a lot and those that don't really don't. Not much middle ground on that and largely it depends on where you hunt. They're not that popular out west where the bolt gun rules. Here in the east they do work very well for our hunting and are a dependable alternative to the problematic 740/742/7400s.

I've owned one or more for almost 40 years, and while I do shoot bolt guns more now I do very much like the pump guns. They are accurate, dependable and handle well while being easy to load for. They will take a surprisingly heavy load compared to a lever gun. I've never had any serious issues with any that I've owned. The two big issues with them are the mags will wear out and fail to seat properly in the gun and the forends will rattle. The forend rattle is easy to fix on the 2nd gen 760s with a new O-ring and the mags have been very easy to replace.

It's not so much where you hunt, it's about functionality, and the 760's fail in those regards. I guess if I lived in a place where I shot one deer every 10 years, I'd never notice.

Overall dependability is one of the features most noted for the 760s. It's too bad you weren't able to get one to work for you.

Ok, but experience trumps F&S articles.

You had alot of troubles with 760/7600's working well for you?

Semper Fi