Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Originally Posted by Hancock27
RipSnort, I was there Saturday, I was overwhelmed!!! That was my first time attending.

LOTS of activity,

Here's my personal observation: Guys (all ages) in camo and hunting boots, I guess they're need to stalk to mounted trophies or to show that you're a hunter (You're attending a hunting show???)
Young ladies in spray on leather pants and leopard tops, unbuttoned and very tight. I reckon sex sells.
Lots of people..

Very expensive guns, and designer clothes...

Over all next time I go (next year??) I'll plan on a much longer stay

Hancock,

Glad you had a good time. In my opinion (not only as an attendee but also as a vendor), it is the best hunting show in North America. I have nothing but good things to say about DSC, the DSC leadership, and the DSC membership.

For a first timer the show can be overwhelming. When you go next year, be there at the opening on the first day. Plan to attend the entire day and return at the opening of the second day. Make notes of the booths to which you would like to return. Don't be shy about about walking into booths and striking up a conversation; that's what the vendors are there for.

You might want to start making your plans now.

RS
This sums up how I feel about the show. I believe it's the best in the US, certainly better than SCI. Show leadership, membership and volunteers go out of their way to make sure attendees are being taken care of and are enjoying themselves. Can't say that about SCI.

This is absolutely spot on as well..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”