Nice pick up. I think you’ll like it.

The pistol has very tight tolerances and if you use cast bullets, measure your cylinder throats and size to the throat diameter. I had to use a taper crimp die as roll crimped shells would not chamber.

Full power loads with excellent accuracy are easy using H110/W296. Freedom Arms warns against using Lil’Gun. There were instances where loads using Lil’Gun resulted in flame cutting, just like the long cylinder Ruger SBH in 357 Max did. IMO Freedom Arms could have made the frame a fraction longer.

When selecting cast pills pay attention to the crimp location to ensure loaded rounds will be contained in the cylinder. One of the best cast designs I worked with was Saeco’s 300gr SWC GC.

One of best jacketed pills I found was Sierra 300gr JSP. It’s a tough bullet with a hard core and was designed for the 454. When I could handle recoil better, this bullet would print tiny groups at 50 mtrs (from a rest).

I use Red Dot for light loads. You need to get familiar with the pistol and beating yourself up with full power loads is not the way to do it IMO. You need to build up your ability to tolerate heavy recoil and more importantly, the immense muzzle blast. For mid range loads a good powder to consider is Blue Dot. Both of these powders are easy to ignite and are not position sensitive. Blast is way down with both of these powders.