My mother's decline took years but our first inclination was at my "2nd cousin's" wedding reception in Denver. My "2nd cousin" is the daughter of my first cousin. It seems my first cousin had a black GI as her boyfriend and the first cousin got pregnant resulting in the young "2nd cousin". The GI took off or was transferred and the "2nd cousin" has never met her father. But, she was always a smart girl and for a lack of a better word "precious". My first cousin raised her well with a good work ethic and positive attitude. She is now a Physicians Assistant (PA) at a local hospital in Grand Junction Colorado.

While at the reception the "2nd cousin" started talking about enrolling in a PA school. She knew she wanted to go but she hadn't decided on just where. By the way my "2nd cousin" was 40 years old at the time of her wedding reception so she decided now was the time before she got any older to get married and go back to school. My mom asked "I didn't know they let your kind in ?". The "2nd cousin" took it all in stride and skipped over it. I was the one who was mortified. My mother who has been around this "2nd cousin" for 40 years and never gave one care about her skin color and now suddenly thought it was an issue.

Unfortunately, her attitude and mental capabilities continued to go down hill for the next 5 years until her passing about folks with a dark skin color. Luckily for us brothers we live in a small town with virtually no people of color or I can only imagine what words would of been falling out of her mouth.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.