Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Originally Posted by REDVANES
Originally Posted by SKane
That'd work for me - easy to swap out the bolt knob.

And given the price, they're going to get prettier and prettier to folks with each passing day.

I'm telling you, when I started looking at them yesterday my first reaction was, "MEH". Then the longer I stared the more I liked smile

You and me both. Although I would like a Mausingfield.

I think a lot of the distaste with ARC actions comes from that bolt knob they use, which can easily be changed for $30-40. They are their own style with 10-32 threads, but there are some options out there.

The looks grew on me too, I've tried the bolt knob on a mausingfield, and the design works well for running the action fast. The owner of ARC and designer of the action is posting interesting design information in the running thread over on the Hide, I believe he says black versions of the knob would be available for folks who don't like the heat treat straw color. I've been wanting to try the Archimedes action for a while and it looks like this one has most of the features (including the camming bolt handle if you want it) at a great price. The coned breech requirement for smaller cartridges means you can't use any existing prefits, but they seem well aware of the importance of getting some off the shelf options available, are publishing the tenon print and working with some suppliers to get that moving.

PVA is working on prefits right now! Just had an instagram post about it