I have a Savage 25 walking varminter in 17 Hornet. It feeds fine but fails to eject, it will extract the case just fine but then it comes off the bolt face and sits on top of the magazine. Savage sent me a new extractor and ejector which I put in and it did not solve the problem. I have also tried a lot more things to diagnose and fix it to no avail. We use it for plinking and jack rabbit hunting in the desert so I have kinda just lived with it as I do not want to lose any of my brass. I just reach in and pluck the brass out or if I am shooting on the bench I rotate the rifle 45 degrees to the right as I pull the bolt back and they fall out.

It is kind of annoying and if I used it for anything else or didn't need to be so careful with my brass I would send it back. But for what we use it for and how amazing it shoots I really don't want to send it back. The ergos and the rifle itself are awesome, it truly is a fantastic rifle for taking off with for small game and varmints. Savage customer service has been really good the whole time. I would for sure look for a used CZ and pay the extra dough, I don't think Savage has these 17/22 Hornets figured out in the 25 and the new prices I have seen are just too much to roll the dice.

Last edited by bmoney; 01/17/23.