My GSP had a seizure while eating dinner after hunting. He was 10 years old and according to the vet in perfect health. It happened a second time about a month later and I stopped hunting him as like everyone else didn't want a seizure to occur in the field. After some more discussion with the vet he asked about any supplements I maybe giving the dog. I was giving him an OTC pain pill that had white willow bark which contains salicin. A natural anti inflammatory that is usually safe. He said to discontinue and see if it occurred again. He is now 14 and has not had any other seizures. Still don't know if that had anything to do with it or not.

I have also had my Braque go down in the field but that was from low blood sugar. I know carry a small bottle of honey and some dog treats and on those early season warm hunts they get a drink of 50-50 Pedialyte and water about every 15 minutes and also get a few drops of honey. It was tough to train them but all three will take water from a water bottle. Still hard to real them in for a water break but definitely worth it.