By any chance did you spray your dog with a tick repellent containing Permethrin? Years ago my Lab suffered a seizure while we were walking back to my vehicle after a day of pheasant hunting. She was very vocal. Screaming as if she was in terrible pain. A few weeks prior to this she started screaming while in her kennel when we were returning from another hunt. In that case she stopped screaming and returned to normal by the time i got pulled over on the side of the road and opened her kennel. At that time I thought she had somehow twisted a leg of something while in her kennel.

The second occurrence was much worse so once she settled down, I took her right to the vet. My vet checked her out but couldn't find anything. No blood work was done. It dawned on me later that I had used a Permethrin based tick spray on her both times. Prior to that I didn't use the spray. I never used that stuff again and she never had another seizure. She'll bd twelve in less that two months and is now retired from hunting.