I’ve guided on Acoma. I interned on the Jic and the biologist on there is a really good friend of mine. I’ve hunted around Mescalero and had a friend that guided on there, but unfortunately passed away last year. I don’t know much about the Navajo, the Zuni or Laguna Pueblo.
The three Rez hunts I know are very different. Acoma is a very nice tent camp with a shower/toilet trailer. You have to arrange your own lodging on the Jicarilla, usually the best western in Dulce. Part of the hunt cost on Mescalero is a room in the Inn of the Mountain Gods. Bringing your spouse and Playing golf during the day is one of the draws on Mescalero.
I’ll try to give a run down on each.
Jicarilla- Bull tags are first come first serve. May go to a draw. You have to book your own guide separately. Hunting for 330 type bulls unless you’re behind the fence. Bull tags run from$7k-$10kdepending on weapon and season. Lots of elk and the chance to see world famous muledeer which is what the JIC is famous for. Late season might be the best value but not typical rut hunt. Country is a mix of Ponderosa down to P-J and sagebrush.
Acoma-very limited tags that are usually spoken for from year to year. Chance at a 400+ bull is always there. Guides are supposed to only kill bulls above 350”. Tags are $13k-$18.5K depending on weapon and season. Guides are assigned. Guides are
Not always tribal members. Late season might be the only way to get your foot in the door but can produce a great bull but won’t be the typical bugle hunt every one is after. Country is desert mesas with lots of P-J and some ponderosa on top.
Mescalero- although there are big bulls running around the average is probably in the 330s from year to year. I believe that had more to do with the clientele rather than quality. Bull hunts are $14k. Guides are assigned. Only rifle rut hunts. No late season. Mostly Ponderosa getting into P-J on the east side.
Something else to think about, when you hunt on a Rez you have to deal with Indians. I do not mean that derogatory but it is a reality. I have great friends that are native and they would agree. It can be tough. Acoma being the exception, as I mentioned they hire white eyes.
You’ve got some great suggestions. $20k is a great place to be for a good hunt. There are lots of options in that price range. Availability is the question. Id also suggest calling the guys at the Draw, Epic or Huntin fool and get on their hunt lists.
FWIW Tx is a sleeper and if I could go anywhere to hunt big bulls without drawing it would be the Tejon Ranch, the Hualapai, or San Carlos. And although I love unit 12 in NM I would be leery of BMO. Good luck!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared