Originally Posted by JRS3
That’s good intel. Thanks for the details.

I like the 20 round mags too. They look balanced on the rifle.

My ARs shoot and I enjoy them but you are right, the ergos on the Mini are justified. I just wish they were more accurate than the ones I have been around. I like the idea of the .300 blackout Ruger is offering now with a threaded barrel. Since the minis aren’t really long range rifles anyway, that could be a perfect setup for me. I’m going to keep investigating.
you have to shoot the ARs enough to get rid of the notion of the mini. In the end the
ar wins hands down.

Wife and I started with M1 garands. Switched over to M1A and M14s on the state teams to Perry. Shot the M14 platform for many years and loved it. hated when we switched to the AR because it was different and felt different. But the AR was beating the AR everywhere but 800/1000 yards at the time. Even that changed later on.

Once we shot the AR enough our M1As remaining have not been fired in years. Many years actually. Probably since 2000 or earlier. T he AR fits better. Feels better. More accurate. Remains accurate longer. Better trigger options. You can make the gun fit you rather than you fit the gun like the M14 and the mini. You can have a folding stock. you can have flush mags or big ones. The list just goes on and on.

That said if I had to have a mini, It would be rebarreled first thing off the bat. Not heavy if thats the goal, but a decent barrel. And since Ruger screwed all ar owners in the 90s I don't buy much if any of theirs and could care less who is on the ban or not. If you allow the AR to be banned but dont fight for the AR then you are as much a hypocrite as the anti gun folks IMHO. But I digress. Neimoeller....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....