I recently had a skinny barrel removed and one of the improved fatter barrels installed by Accuracy Systems on an early 580 series Mini. It's my 3rd Mini they have done for me. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I am not a fan of Ruger factory mini barrels. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt accuracy wise.

My favorite Mini is a 184 series that had the skinny .562 diameter barrel on it. I had Accuracy systems put on one of their .625 barrels. It looks a lot like a standard skinny barrel Mini but the .625" barrel is more accurate and it takes longer to heat up. It's the heat that really causes accuracy issues, especially with the skinny Ruger factory barrels.

I swapped out the wood stock for a gray laminated stock which added close to 1 lb to the total weight. I also clamped on a short rail to act as a heat sink in front of the gas block. For another $200 I can have Accuracy Systems pillar bed the rifle to the stock. I may do that at some point but it's not something that needs to be done anytime soon.

I have a heavy barrel Mini that shoots the best but it is just too heavy to pack around. I had them put a 21-inch, .820 diameter 1/8 twist barrel on with the intentions of making it a pig sniper. But, carrying it around just isn't any fun. In retrospect I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I didn't realize just how heavy it was going to be.
kwg

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.