It was touched on earlier in the thread, but there is no such thing as "Remington" anymore. The Remington ammunition division was purchased by Vista. Vista is the parent for Federal, CCI, American Eagle, Blazer, Bushnell, Weaver, RCBS and others. Remington doesn't exist! It's just another company putting the label on the box. Nothing more than a marketing ploy to keep a familiar name in front of the consumer. Sure they acquired real estate and machinery, but there is nothing "Remington" about this. Just a box with a private label. Nothing more, nothing less. All managed by Vista executives.

Same with Rem Arms. It's not your daddy's Remington 700. Rem Arms won't even do warranty work on older Remington 700's, 870's, 1100's, etc. The Remington that we all recognize is gone and never coming back.

And someday Vista will start to bleed then they'll liquidate 'brands" that don't fit their agenda. Look at Savage. Vista bought it, then sold it because manufacturing firearms wasn't politically correct for their Board of Directors.

Everyone on this website should be throwing all of their support to the few privately owned companies left and convince them not to sell out! We'll see a time where these huge corporations (think Vista) that are publicly traded will be gobbled up by liberals and things we need cease to exist. I think everyone on here agrees there is an evil agenda we're fighting and they'll do anything to win.

We're in different times, but we need to make sure the privately owned manufacturers are given a look before we spend money elsewhere. Let them make enough to stay in business and not have the need to put for sale signs in the yard.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!