As a life-long lefty that has watched the rifle industry and its unimaginative offerings over a life-time, I finally got into the Blazer R93. An outstanding engineering feet — the modular concept, a straight-pull bolt action, both right and left hand action possible with the same rifle. It was light; very, very accurate — the best overall rifle I’ve ever had. Not to mention exchangeable bolt heads and barrels for different cartridges. Versatility! From Germany!

Quick to pick up on a good idea some thirty years later! Savage comes out with a straight-pull rifle, but right-handed only, and weighing 8.8 lbs. Jeepers Savage, over eight and a half pounds? Really? Before a scope and mounts? For a straight-pull deer or elk rifle. You couldn’t have gone a little further, really stepped out and made it modular, lighter, and ambidextrous for a few chamberings to start, and then spent the rest of your company life expanding the concept. Maybe a Home run for accounting? I mean, you didn’t have to even design it. It’s right there in front of you — the R93, now the R8.

Why does Germany, and the continent generally produce more brand-recognized, smooth operating, high quality rifles, while in America, one has to build their own or rely on smaller shops that are insolvent in a year or three, but which rarely build lefties anyway. And for which QA and CS are unknown concepts.

Hi everybody. My name is George and I’m left-handed. 😉. That’s all.