Originally Posted by roanmtn
Y
I will give your load to my friend's brother... He really NEEDS it.

John I need to get involved in some of your Gun Gack books if any are still available. I'm not a computer whiz. Is there anyway that I can communicate with you and Mrs. Barsness on your Gun Gack
Books? Also I didn't realize one can up the velocities to 2600fps. I've always read to be very careful with the Krag.

Roanmtn

Personally I wouldn't stuff 48 grains 4350 behind a 180 jacketed bullet for use in a Krag*, at least not without starting a lot lower and carefully working up, and even then it would give me pause. Hodgdon shows 46 grains as max, with a compressed load, at pretty much the acknowledged safety limit for the Krag. Probably wouldn't shear any bolt lugs by firing a few, but (anecdotally) remember that Ordnance testing 120 years ago found lugs cracking with the "new improved" 2200fps 220 grain load so they dropped back to the original 2K fps load to be safe.

*or was that load worked up for the O/U and the C.Sharps High Wall? I may have misunderstood but don't want to see Mr. Roanmtn hurt himself.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty