Originally Posted by kkahmann
First of all Coutts, Alberta is a long way from Ottawa. The guys still in jail might not have had anything to do with the protest at Coutts. They had the guns in a trailer house only a few miles from the protest. The RCMP have been taking lessons from the FBI to wit—Gretchen Witmer case in Michigan and Trumps Russian collusion. One poor contractor had 3 big excavators located close to the border crossing at Coutts. The RCMP asked him to move them because they feared the protestors might use them to start stacking up cruisers. After the guy moved them out a few miles the rcmp went out to the excavators and tore out all the ignitions—thousands of dollars worth of damage.

Secondly the trucks were in the process of leaving when they brought in the tow trucks. Many of the drivers were charged—with mischief many were not. Many were just beaten up by unknown cops—you can see it in You-Tube. Of the trucks that were towed they were put in a parking lot outside of town and the cops—hard to say which cops since they were wearing masks and no name tags acted like a bunch of 7-grade bullies and broke out all the windows and did a bunch of expensive vandalism to the trucks.

The bank accounts that were seized where unfrozen after 48hrs when the emergency act was rescinded—otherwise the guys wouldn’t have been able to even leave town. Story I heard was the banks forced Trudeau to stop the seizures because they feared a run on the banks. Banking is different in Canada than in the US. There are lots of branches but only 8 or 10 banks total. Banks couldn’t afford American money flowing outta their accounts. Many of the truckers have since experienced problems with their banks and credit scores. I know personally 2 truckers who have had no problems because the bank manager at their branch was sympathetic to the protest.

There was a Canadian Veteran, Jeremy Mackenzie, not a trucker he’s disabled. He started an internet Meme called the country of Diagalon. It was a joke but a couple of poloticians thought it was real an brought it up in discussion in the House of Commons. They got embarrassed big time. He was arrested and refused bail for a criminal code violation—86.1–careless use of a firearm. He finally made bail but was de-banked by the Scotiabank—I am sure on orders from JT.

Canada has a Not-Withstanding Clause in its constitution. Which means the government can disregard the constitution when ever it feels like it—that’s why I tell people Canada is not a serious country.
You're first paragraph is one of the things I was referring to. I was reading yesterday that the property owner where the guns were seized had to remain silent because of the charges they were facing, then recently the charges were dropped. So that person has allegations of their own to make public, and some of it refers to the guns. The RCMP claims on the guns and who owns them are allegations at this point.