Originally Posted by 673
I feel safer in the company of Hells Angels than in the company of the RCMP.

673;
Morning my friend, it's a tad warmer here today and I hope it is for you all as well.

My long time hunting and fishing buddy just missed the hit up in Kelowna at the Grand a few years back so I was going to put tongue in cheek and suggest that it's safer as long as it's a club sanctioned activity and all that..

Apparently the folks involved in Kelowna were freelancing and the parent organizations had issues with violations of the franchising agreement? That's what the news suggested anyways.

For sure and certain I have zero inside knowledge of that area of life in our part of the world.

In my view the RCMP have accumulated a whole bunch of negative press over the past little bit between the unlawful break, enter and seizures of guns in High River, the shootings in Moncton, then in Nova Scotia, the Trucker Convoy, Coutts...

Anyone who studies the history of any society can see that laws and law enforcement will only be meaningful - and adhered to by the majority - when said majority believe them to be just and fair. When they don't the police get zero assistance, become increasingly less effective and typically a greater percentage of the population begin to ignore more and more edicts.

Since we're both students of history, one has to wonder if some of this rodeo is nobody reading or somebody reading very carefully and being deliberate?

We'll see I suppose.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"