Originally Posted by Hudge
I’m having to stay at the house all weekend to take care of the wife from her surgery last week. Getting bored, I was going through my notes and found I had gotten a 3/4” 4 shot group at 100 yards using 64.0 grains of 180 gr. Accubonds, H4350 and 250 CCI’s. I had forgotten all about this load as I thought I was almost out of the 180 gr. Accubonds when working up this load, but bought some more early last spring.

I ran 64-65gr of that powder with 180gr Nosler partitions. Very accurate load. Also use CCI250's in my 300WSM's. I never shoot mine. The only one I have now is a Tikka with a wood stock. Very nice rifle and pretty good shooter. Your 178 ELDX load sounds like a good one. I've been seeing 180gr SST's quite a bit and bought a few boxes of them, along with some 175gr Sierra SMK bullets. They were on sale, so I bought 2 boxes. The 180gr SST's were $31.99/box. Hard to beat that price. Wondering how the 180gr SST compares to the 178 ELDX though. I also have some of those...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA