Originally Posted by Hudge
BSA,

I’m always trying to improve on my loads. The 165 gr. TTSX was ok, but honestly rushed to get a load for moose season 2 seasons ago. I used StaBALL 6.5 with my 165 gr. TTSX load, but I think velocity is lower than should/could be.

Concerning SST’s, my other 300WSM, a Rem 700, loves 165 gr. SST’s and IMR 4320. My son’s co-worker seems to want the gun more than me, so when he returns from training in AZ, I’ll probably sell it to him.

I've had a couple 300WSM's that struggled to make 2,950fps with a 165gr pill, so I know what you are talking about. That was even with H4350. That StaBall 6.5 seems like great powder, but I have only played around with it recently in a 22-250 and one of my 6.5 Creedmoor's. I've never ran the SST, but just loaded up some 180's to try in one of my new 30-06 rifles. I can also understand about improving loads, but that shouldn't take long. One range trip generally, per powder type or bullet change. Also, one of the nice things about the 300WSM is they are generally quite accurate. I remember developing a load for one of my buddies. That rifle shot just about every charge into 1/2 moa. His rifle loves the 165 TSX. Then he says, "I should load some TTSX, they will probably shoot better".. I said, you can try them, but good luck getting a load that shoots better. I like and appreciate precision, but know when "enough is enough"..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA