I've posed this before, but about 30+ years ago, we had an Epic crossing at the main crossing into Canada from Washington.

I'll shorten it some....

Main crossing at high noon(us) is when the smugglers and non-custodial parents try it, figuring they'll be so busy they will slide right through. Nope.
Chev 3500 with topper crammed completely full of "stuff", much of it antique furneture inherited from MIL. And camping/traveling gear.
Wet paper bag with ears of Napa Valley corn sticking out right on top, in back. Cooked and eaten in parking lot.
My wallet was stolen in Winnemucca - no ID at all
Mid July- my wife's DL had expired the previous December
No paperwork on kids age 4 and 5 (or so) at all
Loose ammo under the driver's seat (I'd taken a rifle out to my Denver brother). Different ammo tho. They asked about the rifle...
"What's in the cooler?" "Breakfast fixings". Opened (they did) , bacon, eggs, bread on top. Close. The rest of it was Napa Valley fruit...

And the winner..... a wet, leaking, 9X9X9 cardboard box. Agent kept looking at it, then inspecting something else. repeat several times, until he just moved it aside without looking at it, or asking....

Earthworms for my yard. smile

And into Canada we were!

Those good old days are never coming back.

There was absolutely no way we could possibly be TRYING to get away with anything (much) , so they let us through. Being a dumfg didn't used to be illegal, anyway.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.