Originally Posted by BC30cal
Hastings;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day down in your section of LA is behaving and you're getting appropriate weather for this time of year.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, it's a question that US Customs would have to answer as they decide who they are letting into the US or not, correct?

When you're entering Canada as a passenger, Canada Customs can and do ask a variety of questions.

My understanding is that they're able to run the US plates on the vehicle so they'll know if for instance it's stolen or if there's outstanding issues with the registered owner.

Typically when we've entered the US by car, they'll ask everyone in the vehicle their name, place of residence, purpose of the trip and duration of stay.

I'm going to guess and please know it is that, but I'm guessing that Canada Customs does that as well?

We get asked fairly often if we've ever been arrested when we're heading stateside driving.

When we fly I'm guessing all the dirt on me is on the passport that US Customs is scanning so they actually ask less questions when we're flying. Usually it's length of stay, sometimes purpose of the trip too - but since we've always been flying to warmer climates, they seem to pick up on that part. laugh

Not sure if that answered your question or not sir, but they might ask a passenger any question that enters their mind at the time. They're watching how we answer the questions more than anything else I think, but that's a guess too.

Best to you in the upcoming week.

Dwayne
There are ways to get into Canada without detection. If that unvaccinated person were then picked up in Canada by his wife who entered legally in a legally owned vehicle would Canadian authorities first have to clear the vehicle occupants before you were able to get to the U.S. border authorities in Alaska? Would a U.S. citizen at the Alaska border carrying a U.S. passport be detained by Canadian authorities for not checking in through the border authorities in Montana?

As ''they'' say, asking for a friend.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."